Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Choices

It is sometimes hard to make choices, even when one knows what he or she wants.
Almost one year ago, the first time I fell asleep in my now beloved arms (the first time I ever fell asleep in someone's arms so peacefully), I remember having asked him a question I then thought was very difficult to answer to. It was dawn and I was afraid to look into his eyes but finally chose to do so and I asked, "What do you want in life?" I didn't know it then, but I was actually asking it to myself. He simply said "I want to live". It took me some time to realize it myself, but I certainly felt the same.
Right now, I need to make some choices in my professional life, to be able to go on, to make my dreams come true, to rise... to live.
Close or faraway, no matter how or when or where, if there's one thing I'm sure of, is that I want to live. And I would certainly add: with the man in whose arms I fall asleep so peacefully every single night.

1 comment:

Erinc Salor said...

It was dawn indeed and it most certainly was a hard question, one I wasn't expecting, to begin with. But, nevertheless, it was one I didn't had to think about very much, with those black pearls of eyes of this magical woman staring at me bright as they are. It is proving to be the most accurate answer I ever gave to anything, ever.
It wouldn't be less accurate to claim that you will live. Live with the brightness and poise that encapsulates your whole being. And wherever you sleep, from that day on, almost one year ago now, you will find 'home', no matter how high and fast you've flown during the day.The arms that gave you comfort will be there, for you to curl in and rest. Until the next flight of your wild and enchanting mind and body.